NEW YORK â€” Retailers are hoping last week’s strong start to the holiday shopping season at malls and stores translates into a busy buying season online, which officially begins Monday (today).
The Monday after Thanksgiving, tagged “Cyber Monday” by the National Retail Federation, marks the first big online shopping surge for many merchants as consumers return to their work computers.
A number of retailers are hosting one-day sales or special offers for the occasion. Internet research firm ComScore Inc. estimated online sales may exceed $700 million online on Monday.
Traditionally, Cyber Monday has been viewed as the Kickoff to the holiday selling season for online merchants of diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry.
Many diamond websites and vendors are offering steep discounts on loose diamonds, diamond jewelry and engagement rings purchased online during the next few days and weeks.
Here are a few “heads-up” links to various online e-tailers offering special Holiday diamond deals.
1. Blue Nile is offering a 20% discount for jewelry purchased today via PayPal.
2. Ice.com offers Free Shipping on all orders.
3. Special deals on Diamond Safe.
4. Free Shipping Diamonds On Web
5. Free Shipping Excel Diamonds
6. Free Shipping and up to 70% on Zales
7. $100 gift certificate for every $300 spent at Kay Jewelers
8. $50 off on many items and free 3 day shipping at Helzberg
9. 20% with Ross-Simmons
10. Up to 10% with Whiteflash
11. Up to 78% with Prime Style
12. Free Shipping (today only) with Tiffany
13. Many discounts on diamond jewelry at Amazon.